SUBVENTIONS FOR AGRICULTURE IN ROMANIA - SUB-MEASURE 8.1
SUB-MEASURE 8.1 – FORESTATION AND CREATION OF WOODLAND
- increase the surface occupied by forests at the national level;
- cost recovery work establishing plantation, plantation maintenance of a maximum of six years until it closed solid state;
- coverage of costs for performing two works of care solid state stands after closing;
- cover losses of agricultural income for a period of 12 years to forested area.
- Promoting carbon sequestration;
- Adapting to climate change;
- Reducing soil erosion;
- Improving water retention;
- Restoration and conservation of local biodiversity.
- Public holders of agricultural and non-agricultural land;
- Private owners of agricultural land and non-agricultural;
- Associative holding agricultural and non-agricultural land.
- Eligible lands are agricultural and non-agricultural located throughout the national territory.
- Land area proposed for forestation in pursuit of protective forest will be at least 0.5 ha and minimal compact wooded area will be at least 0.1 ha.
- Land area proposed for forestation in pursuit of forest bodies will be at less than 1 ha and compact surface is forested minimum of at least 0.5 ha.
Refundable public aid intensity is 100% of the total eligible costs.
Will be given a maximum of 75% of the standard costs related to work to establish plantations in the event of force majeure.
The maximum amount of public support for a project, which includes all costs of payments performed throughout the duration of the financing contract is EUR 7,000,000.
The support granted by this measure is the standard cost, which covers:
- Premium for establishing forest plantations (called Prima 1 under measure), which covers costs of the project technical forestation;
- Annual premium paid per unit area (called Prima 2 under measure) for a 12-year period to cover the costs of maintenance and care of plantation forestry and to compensate for loss of agricultural income due to forestation.
1. Eligible costs for the calculation of Prima 1:
- Costs required for the technical design of forestation (variable depending on the area forest, which covers expenses incurred before the end of the contract).
- Costs related to work to establish plantations (standard costs for the three types of landforms - plains, hills, mountains and the two categories of land - agriculture, non-agricultural).
2. Eligible costs for the calculation of Prima 2:
- Costs related to the maintenance of the plantation for a maximum period of six years (period of performing maintenance of the plantation is established within technical project forestation), equated the term closure of solid state (costs standard for each year of plantation and maintenance of the three types of landforms - plains, hills, mountains);
- Costs for the two works made after the closing of tree care solid state (standard costs for both care work stands on three types of landforms - plains, hills, mountains);
- Compensation for losses of agricultural income due to forestation agricultural granted for a period of 12 years;
- Costs for restoration plantation granted in case of force majeure occurred until achieving first plantation maintenance.
- land encumbered with liens and dispossession in favor of a third party, according local cadastre records;
- land subject to litigation;
- land mentioned in national and local programs and plans for landscaping as serving a public interest;
- permanent natural grasslands, except those affected by the phenomena soil degradation, according to the technical design;
- agricultural land for which are ongoing commitments for agri-environment and climate.
- The principle of land location (priority will be given for land proposed for forestation located in areas deficient in forests);
- Principle of plantation size (priority will be given to the land proposed for forestation larger area);
- The principle of protection function (priority will be given to achieve the forest belts protection);
- The principle function of land rehabilitation (will prioritize forestation located in UAT is affected by aridity, erosion and salination, according to the values aridity index, degree of erosion or salination level);
- Principle of species diversity (priority will be given forestation works proposing the least 2 basic species in the composition).
If state-owned land, support may be granted only if the authority manage these lands is a private body or administrative territorial unit;
Only landowners, farmers fall within active at the time of application may receive compensation for losses of agricultural income due to forestation (part of Prima 2);
No support for planting trees in short rotation forestry production, Christmas trees or fast growing trees for energy production employed;
The measure will apply nationwide. However, under the measure will be given priority, among other things, the proposed land for forestation is located in areas deficient in forests.